Wednesday, March 5, 2008

First Time-

Starting weight 264 - R1 D26 -Yesterday's weight 249, Today's weight 247 - DOWN 2 - Woo Hoo

Today was a real milestone! My very first injection ever!

I had been using the sublingual method since I started with hCG. But yesterday I ran out of drops and so last night, while mixing, I decided to go with an injection mix, since I had all the supplies. I was kind of freaked out by the whole needle thing, though.... so I wasn't real sure about it. I had read on the board that some mixed with less liquid so that they didn't need to inject as much per dose. That sounded good to me, so that's what I did.

Anyway, not being privy to anything medical at all.... I did my science experiment last night.... figured all the math and made my mixture. This morning I got up and filled the syringe with my .5 cc dose and just "popped" it in my stomach (where there is plenty of belly fat) and that was that! I didn't even feel it! WOW - No longer an injection virgin!

I was also VERY happy to see that I had dropped 2 pounds since yesterday. Last week was so discouraging with TOM and everything. I was beginning to think I was "stuck". But things are heading south again... I wish I were heading south... It is so freakin cold here! LOL I'd really like to see (and feel) some sunshine!

To my dear commenting friend(s).....
Jen - Thanks so much for the encouragement! I am finally kind of getting all this stuff down. I think you really have to go through it all to understand the whole experience. Being on R1, I still consider myself a newbie. I'm sure there are even more things that will come up while following this diet... But I am so amazed that there is actually something out there that is working for me.

I like my wine now and then too! But will try to keep it to a minimum and plan it for the weekends. Thanks also for the tip on linking to other blogs too. I will get that done this week when I have a chance to spend a bit of time on it!

4 comments:

Becca said...

Hi Liz, I have stopped by your blog before but haven't commented. I'm glad to hear how great you're doing on the protocol and I'm so impressed that you did your first injection all by yourself! I had a big problem with that and I started at a clinic that did the shots for me at first and then taught me how to do them to myself and even then I was squeamish at first. Now I laugh about what a big baby I was. So for you to just go and figure out your mixture and just POP it in... Well WOW! good for you.
But keep up the good work and I'll keep checking on you when time permits...

Ed & Jennifer said...

OMG Liz....2 whole pounds!!! See we told you that once TOM leaves things will be back to normal! YAY!!!

Awww, welcome to the "shooters up" club! The injections are a breeze (you just had to get through the first one)!

So glad you broke the barrier! You are doing awesome and let me know if you have any questions-I'm no expert but I've learned a "few" things in the past 3 rounds!

Ed & Jennifer said...

Oh I see you got the blogs added-good job, see it was easy!

EweWho said...

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog so I could find yours again! I forgot to link it the last time, but I've done it now, so I'll be keeping my eye on you!

Do you use the same ingredients for you sublingual that you do for injecting? Interesting!!

Good for you for giving it a try! I started out with injections but switched to sublingual and stayed with it.

Wow! Two whole pounds since yesterday! Go, Girl!!